In the first study of its kind, TECH4EFFECT partners reveal that energy-recuperating, slack-pulling carriages in cable yarding have the potential to improve profit margins.
Tag Archive for: forest mechanisation
Part 1 of the blog examines the importance of planning a harvesting operation and improving online services for orders and marketing.
T4E partner, Luke, publishes research paper in the European Journal of Forest Research.
The 52 edition of the symposium ‘Forestry Mechanization’ or FORMEC will be held together with the 42 edition of the Council on Forest Engineering (COFE). This year TECH4EFFECT has its’ own session at FORMEC! Also this is the first time for a COFE meeting taking place in Europe – in Sopron, Hungary. Join also the field trip to Forchtenstein in Austria to attend AUSTROFOMA, the only Austrian forestry machine and device demonstration where all the machines on display are shown performing real-life tasks.
The TECH4EFFECT session on Monday, 7th October starts at 10:30 in Room1 and includes the following presentations:
- Productivity and fuel consumption of heavy forwarders under different configurations: benchmarks from fleet-level long-term records (one million loads). Raffaele Spinelli, Angelo Conrado de Arruda Moura (A-0071)
- Productivity and Environmental Impacts of Cable-assisted Logging – A case study in southern Oregon, USA. Woodam Chung, Brett Morrissette, Preston Green, Ben Leshchinsky, Kevin Bladon, Jeff Hatten, John Sessions (A-0117)
- A micro-catchment approach to measuring surface run-off after cable logging. Bruce Talbot, Omar Mologni, Nicholas Clarke, Marek Pierzchala, Rasmus Astrup (A-0152)
- Assessing Cable Tensile Forces of Winch-Assisted Forwarders on Steep Terrain under Real Working Conditions. Thomas Holzfeind, Christian Kanzian, Karl Stampfer, Franz Holzleitner (A-0061)
- Factors Affecting Productivity and Utilisation of Winch-Assist Machines: Six Case Studies in New Zealand and Canada. Cameron Leslie, Colin Koszman, James Hunt, Rien Visser, Hunter Harrill, Dominik Roeser (A-0115)
- Flat and wet: Cable yarding on sensitive soils in Europe – motivations, challenges and potential. Gernot Erber, Raffaele Spinelli, Giovanna Ottaviani Aalmo, Dirk Jaeger, Marian Schönauer, Stephan Hoffmann, Bruce Talbot, Karl Stampfer (A-0054)
Don’t miss the keynote from our coordinator Rasmus Astrup on Tuesday morngin:
A-0193 Digitalization of forest harvesting: the potential for improved environmental and production efficiency; Rasmus Astrup, Room 1, 8:00.
Several posters are also based on TECH4EFFECT:
- A-0021: Smart sensing technology for predicting forest road’s bearing capacity (Franz Holzleitner et al.)
- A-0098: Indicator based assessment of trafficability of forest roads (Marian Schönauer et al.)
Coppice after 3 different cutting systems: growth capacity and mortality (Carolina Lombardini et al.)
- TECH4EFFECT final event highlights research impacts, provides informed dialogue on forest operations19. July 2021 - 12:25
- Towards Zero Pollution: TECH4EFFECT presented at the RTDS Green Week Partner Event on 8 June: 10:10 – 12:30.10. May 2021 - 16:18
- TECH4EFFECT Co-ordinator, Rasmus Astrup, presented at EUBCE event19. April 2021 - 15:17
- TECH4EFFECT presents drone mapping, T-winch at Norwegian Ministerial event14. October 2020 - 9:15