Part 1 of the blog examines the importance of planning a harvesting operation and improving online services for orders and marketing.
T4E partner, Luke, publishes research paper in the European Journal of Forest Research.
This years yearly FORMEC (Forestry Mechanization) meeting takes place in Madrid, Spain, from 25 – 27 September 2018. Register to meet serveral TECH4EFFECT partners:
- Bruce Talbot from NIBIO in Session A1: The TECH4EFFECT Efficiency Portal: architecture, challenges, and preliminary outcomes of an ambitious benchmarking system (25.09; 15:00 in Room F1)
- Johanna Routa from LUKE in Session B1: Productivity and cost-efficiency of mechanizing tending with Cutlink device in spruce seedling stands (26.09; 10:10 in Room F1)
- Bruce Talbot and Rasmus Astrup from NIBIO in Session B3: Developments in post-harvest site assessments and their potential for improving operational and environmental performance (26.09; 8:30 in Room M0)
- Gernot Erber from BOKU in Session D1: First accuracy test of a novel mobile device based application for value-optimized bucking in motor-manual harvesting operations (26.09; 15:10 in Room F1)
- Robert Prinz from LUKE: Manipulating work setting to reduce fuel consumption in CTL timber harvesting machines (26.09; 14:50 in Room D3). Download the presentation here!
Have a look at the full program for details!
UPDATE: FORMEC proceedings now available: https://www.formec.org/proceedings.html