The TECH4EFFECT final event showcased results and provided informed dialogue on digitalisation, wood supply and forest technologies.
Tag Archive for: sustainability
TECH4EFFECT app developer says that from a technical point-of-view the speed of forestry digitalisation could progress much quicker than it is currently.
TECH4EFFECT joined four other RTDS projects and the Head of the BBI JU in the EU Green Week Partner Event: The Market-Driven Circular and Bioeconomy.
The TECH4EFFECT final event will be held on Thursday, 10 June, from 9:00 am to 12 noon. Deadline for registration: Monday, 7 June.
Astrup says that the key to big data use in forestry rests on core narratives that will drive new business models, further efficiency gains.
Continued collaboration between European scientists is in line with the spirit of publicly funded European research, development and innovative aims to make valuable impacts in the forest sector.
SILVISMART sparks innovation in Konrad Forsttechnik’s latest onboard computer control system used in cable yarding technology in steep terrain harvesting.
From June 3-5* 2020 the TEUFOR conference will take place in Kraków/ Poland. The topic is “Modern Technologies and Engineering in Sustainable Forest Utilization“. Main objectives of the event are:
- “Presenting and discussing current scientific and practical achievements in the field of forest utilization based on forest technique and engineering development in terms of permanent and sustainable forest management.
- Exchanging current scientific attainments and practical applications between scientific centres of many countries in Europe and around the world shall contribute to increase quality of forest utilization as well as intensify international cooperation in the scope of conducted research, higher education and international scholar exchange.
The panels will focus on: forest utilization and transportation; ergonomics in forestry; forest technology; and forest engineering.
Stay in touch to keep updated on which TECH4EFFECT results will be presented at TEUFOR!
*Changes due to the current situation with the Corona pandemic might occur. Please check the website of the conference organisers regularly!
Sustainably managed forests provide renewable raw material that can be used for primary/secondary conversion products and as biomass for energy generation.
Tuomasjukka et al from EFI evaluated the economic, environmental and social sustainability impacts of making the potentially available timber available with current and technologically improved value chains.
Their publication ‘Sustainability impacts of increased forest biomass feedstock supply – a comparative assessment of technological solutions’ in the International Journal of Forest Engineering is now available open access:
The Warsaw University of Life Sciences (SGGW) is hosting our third consoritum meeting from 14-16. March 2018. We are looking forward to progress on sustainability and efficiency in forestry using data and technolgy! Videos of our field trip coming soon!
Sign up to our newsletter to make sure you don’t miss first project results.
- TECH4EFFECT final event highlights research impacts, provides informed dialogue on forest operations19. July 2021 - 12:25
- Towards Zero Pollution: TECH4EFFECT presented at the RTDS Green Week Partner Event on 8 June: 10:10 – 12:30.10. May 2021 - 16:18
- TECH4EFFECT Co-ordinator, Rasmus Astrup, presented at EUBCE event19. April 2021 - 15:17
- TECH4EFFECT presents drone mapping, T-winch at Norwegian Ministerial event14. October 2020 - 9:15