The strategic objective of TECH4EFFECT is to improve the efficiency of European forest management by enabling a data-driven knowledge-based revolution of the European forest sector while also providing key incremental improvements in technology.
TECH4EFFECT has the following objectives, each being addressed in a specific work package:
- To increase access to wood resources with focus on accelerated growth rates, improved silvicultural operations and improved business models for more efficient transactions in forest management (WP2)
- To increase the efficiency of forest harvesting and collection with focus on infrastructure improvements, forest machine data exploitation, and improved work practices (WP3)
- To reduce and monitor soil impacts from forest operations through machine technologies and machine mounted sensors combined with information technology (WP4)
- To develop the TECH4EFFECT web-based benchmarking tool to collect and systematize data from forest management and provide a foundation for knowledge-based management of European forest operations in the future (WP5)
- To implement the TECH4EFFECT benchmarking tool in a global European version and in country specific adaptations through industrial leadership (WP6)
- To assess the environmental and socio-economic performance of the project results for the whole wood value chain (WP7)