To reach the expected impact of the project, the following approaches are being followed in TECH4EFFECT:
- The growth and standing volume of accessible forests will be promoted through recommendations on improved silvicultural efficiency, including more productive and rational silvicultural systems and better site potential utilisation through early development phases (WP2).
- Machine efficiency will be improved through better planning and operating procedures, i.e. both in the allocation of machines to tasks, and through improved work methods in the stand (WP3).
- The project will develop and build on innovative technologies for measuring and tracking wheel sinkage and rutting. Outputs will be used in assisting machine operators in improving their environmental profiles while providing an important data source for evaluating the environmental efficiency in forest operations (WP4 and 7).
- TECH4EFFECT will catalyse a knowledge-based leap in efficiency through a successful and sustained implementation of the Efficiency Portal – a sophisticated yet robust benchmarking tool (WP5 and 6).
- The environmental and socioeconomic performance improvements in terms of fossil energy savings, improved greenhouse gas balances, and cost-benefits of the full value chains will be summarized (WP7).
These approaches are being supplemented with project management (WP1), dissemination, exploitation and communication (DEC, WP8) and ethical considerations (WP9).