FPInnovation’s Jean Plamondon has recently installed and is testing the first data transfer green box (FeltBoks) on a Tigercat 855HC running a Logmax 7000 XT head in Quebec. The data, which is collected via an android app running on the operator’s device, feeds into the TECH4EFFECT Efficiency Portal and will allow the contractor to not only store or analyse his own data, but compare it with others operating in similar conditions. FPInnovations bring considerable technical know-how and years of experience with their own FPSuite products (http://fpsuite.ca/) to TECH4EFFECT.
Read our second newsletter here:
- TECH4EFFECT explained in 2 minutes – animation
- What is the TECH4EFFECT efficiency portal?
- Already five countries to send data to the Efficiency Portal
- From biomass to consumer products: BBI Stakeholder day
And don’t forget to subscribe to upcoming ones:
Project partners LUKE, CNR-IVALSA and PONSSE successfully conducted field trials near Jyväskylä, Finland, on the efficiency of cut-to-length harvesting machines in cooperation with a contractor and their operators. The aim was to reduce the fuel consumption of harvesters during cut-to-length operations by applying various technical settings to the machines, like idle times, engine settings and fine-tuning of hydraulic power supply components.
A team of three to seven researchers, three operators and representatives of the manufacturer was working on site, collecting lots of measurements, study data and video material. Three different PONSSE harvesters were studied but similar measures can then also be applied for other machine types, such as forwarders used in timber extraction.
The first video has been added to our YouTube channel! Timber harvesting on steep slope!
- 6 – 10 October 2019, FORMEC – COFE, Sopron, Hungary13. February 2019 - 13:58
- IUFRO29 September – 5 October 2019, IUFRO, Curitiba, Brazil13. February 2019 - 13:45
- 26 – 27 June 2019, KWF Thementage, Richberg, Germany12. February 2019 - 15:03
- 27 – 31 May 2019, LIGNA 2019, Hannover, Germany11. February 2019 - 9:35